Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Thlog #3



    First of all, I appreciate Zack for making me understand the Important of close reading. Such reading helps me comprehend the writer ideas. through Close reading. I'm now able to read a books, an articles, and get the writer main point or theses.

    To read and look up for word meaning, textual context, rhetorical devices, imagery, and themes is a great start for me. looking up for strange words meaning can help the reader with the comprehension of the paragraph the strange word is in. It also involve the connotations of words, what is the source of that strange word.

    Knowing the textual context of the passage, how they appear, and the role it play actually help me a lot in understanding the author points.
    
     For me the imagery play a great party in the reader interpretation of the passage. Our visual literacy ( the ability to recognize and understand the ideas that is conveyed through vision actions or as picture ) can make know the propose of the passage that we are reading.

    The theme can also improve my understanding; looking for the main subject that is being discussed or described in a piece of writing  by the writer gave me a good understanding too. Close reading is just like annotating a passage. This broad ideal or message conveyed by the writer, such as a performance, and a motion picture  is to gave the reader clean understanding  of what he/she means. Every students should practice close reading in order to improve their interpretations of the writer passage they are reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment